About Us – KuberneoCPA is an accounting firm built on entrepreneurial dreams, hard work, and dedication to customer satisfaction.
We provide a complete range of accounting and strategic solutions to small to medium businesses, working closely with clients to provide customized solutions. We believe in hiring brilliant, self-motivated individuals and investing in their futures by providing opportunities for career growth while also enabling our team members to maintain a work-life balance.
Work-life balance can mean different things to different people. Just like we customize services for our clients, we try to customize each position in our firm to match the individual. Are you looking for a full-time position with traditional, predictable workdays? We can certainly provide that.
Do you want to work 40 hours per week, but prefer a stacked schedule, like four 10-hour days? We can usually accommodate you. Would you rather just work part-time or flex your workload throughout the year? These are just some of the many possibilities we can offer! We love our work, but we also understand that there is more to life than just work. We want our team members to find that balance for themselves.
Position – KuberneoCPA is looking for an experienced, full-time senior accountant to add to our growing team. In this position, you will work closely with multiple clients each month providing a full spectrum of accounting services. You will support clients directly and also our accounting team at our office in Southwest Orlando. All candidates must be located in the Orlando area.
Responsibilities – The ideal candidate is an accounting professional with 3-7 years of full-charge accounting experience with a public CPA firm, including some supervisory experience.
Working under the supervision of and in cooperation with the CPA team, this team member will provide comprehensive assistance to clients in all phases of their business operations. It includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Obtain an understanding of each client’s business and industry as well as a working knowledge of the client’s system cycles and account balances within the scope of specifically assigned tasks
- Manage time budgets efficiently and provide real-time feedback to supervising CPA
- Maintain a coherent system of accounts with a supporting filing system
- Prepare financial statements, compilations, and related financial reports
- Prepare and review state and federal payroll tax returns
- Prepare and review federal and state annual income tax returns
- Prepare work papers and follow internal processes
- Initial set up of accounting systems and government registrations
- Assist clients with QuickBooks setup and training including a customized chart of accounts and payroll item details
- Remit payroll taxes, sales taxes, use taxes, and withholding taxes for multiple states as well as ensure compliance with state and federal filing requirements
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software (both desktop and QBO)
- BA/BS degree required, Master’s preferred
- Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) as a Certified Public Accountant
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written correspondence with a variety of clients
- Strong work ethic and a high level of determination and professionalism
- Ability to proactively assist clients with business/accounting operations
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel; Experience with Thomson Reuters Software Suite is a plus
- Ability to thrive while working as part of a team yet able to work independently
- Self-managing and able to multi-task, without detriment to each activity
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and to manage time effectively
Monetary compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply – The ideal candidate is looking to build a long-term position and develop alongside our steadily growing team. If you are the perfect fit, our team would love to review your application. In addition to a resume and salary requirements, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what led you to apply for this specific position.
***Please note: If you do NOT follow the application instructions, your resume will NOT be reviewed.***