Are you climbing the ladder of success, but worried that it’s leaning against the wrong wall? Are you looking for a work environment that’s different, something unique? Do you crave kind and caring co-workers and colleagues? Are you longing for a work-family that cares as much or more about each other as their clients? Searching for a true work-life balance? Then KuberneoCPA could be for you.
About Us: KuberneoCPA is an accounting firm built on entrepreneurial dreams, hard work, and dedicated to customer satisfaction. We provide a complete range of accounting and strategic solutions to small to medium businesses, working closely with clients to provide customized solutions. We believe in hiring brilliant, self-motivated individuals and investing in their futures by providing opportunities for career growth while also enabling our team members to maintain a work-life balance.
Position: KuberneoCPA is looking for an experienced, full-time staff accountant to add to our growing team. In this position, you will work closely with multiple clients each month providing a full spectrum of accounting services. You will support clients directly and also our accounting team at our office in Southwest Orlando. All candidates must be located in the Orlando area.
Responsibilities: The ideal candidate is an accounting professional with 2-4 years full-charge accounting experience with a public CPA firm.
Working under the supervision of and in cooperation with the CPA team, this team member will provide comprehensive assistance to clients in all phases of their business operations. It includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Obtain an understanding of each client’s business and industry as well as a working knowledge of the client’s system cycles and account balances within the scope of specifically assigned tasks
- Manage time budgets efficiently and provide real-time feedback to supervising CPA
- Maintain a coherent system of accounts with a supporting filing system
- Prepare financial statements and related financial reports
- Prepare state and federal payroll tax returns
- Prepare federal and state annual income tax returns
- Prepare work papers and follow internal processes
- Initial set up of accounting systems and government registrations
- Assist clients with QuickBooks setup and training including customized charts of accounts and payroll item details
- Record and process accounts payable/receivable
- Remit payroll taxes, sales taxes, use taxes, and withholding taxes for multiple states as well as ensure compliance with state and federal filing requirements
- Reconcile bank, credit card, and loan accounts
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software (both desktop and QBO)
- BA/BS degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written correspondence with a variety of clients
- Strong work ethic and a high level of determination and professionalism
- Ability to proactively assist clients with business/accounting operations
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to thrive while working as part of a team yet able to work independently
- Self-managing and able to multi-task, without detriment to each activity
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and to manage time effectively
Compensation: This is a full-time position. Monetary compensation commensurate with experience. Expected salary range $48,000-$62,000.
How to Apply: The ideal candidate is looking to build a long-term position and develop alongside our steadily growing team. If you are the perfect fit, our team would love to review your application. In addition to a resume and salary requirements, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what led you to apply for this specific position.
***Please note: If you do NOT follow the application instructions, your resume will NOT be reviewed.***